You Can Make A Real Difference In The Life of Cowichan Region Low-Income residents!
Join the fight to end food insecurity!
When you can’t afford food, you can’t move forward. The anxiety of not knowing where your next meal will come from is paralyzing. Then the shame of not being able to provide for your family isolates you from your peers. You get temporary relief when you ask for help, but your problems don’t go anywhere. That’s the reality facing too many of our fellow Canadians.
We can change the story for people struggling with poverty and food insecurity. We can build places that provide healthy food and so much more. Places where people can learn new skills, improve their health, meet new friends, and take action on the issues that affect their lives. The kind of place where people find the support they need to move forward.
Donations mean more food-insecure kids have access to healthy food and the chance to develop healthy eating habits. More families have a place to go to have delicious and nutritious community meals. More isolated seniors can come together in the kitchen to learn new skills and meet new friends. And more people struggling with poverty and food insecurity can speak out so we can change the system.
Your generous gift will help fuel a nationwide movement addressing food insecurity’s root causes.
Your donation will:
- improve the health of communities by creating welcoming spaces where people have access to good food;
- enable people to come together around food in ways that reduce social isolation and strengthen communities;
- inspire people to garden, cook and become engaged citizens;
- enable the community food sector to make dignified access to food a common value and to mobilize around it;
- advocate for implementing progressive policies to eradicate poverty and transform our society.