Located at 360 Duncan Street in the heart of downtown, the twenty hotel rooms have been upgraded and converted into affordable downtown living apartments. Each suite has a small kitchenette and new flooring, as well as individual heating/cooling units. We have 16 studio suites, 2 semi-1-bedroom units, and 1 full 1-bedroom unit, to allow for a mix of tenants.
Sustainability is generally characterized as activity that, minimally, does not harm, and in the best cases, repairs environmental and/or social harm that has been caused in the past, while still working at a financial level.
During the renovations, CGC committed to showcasing as many ‘green’ innovations as possible. Accomplishments include:
• Edible landscaping, and landscaping using native plantings, throughout the property,
• Installation of an Electric Vehicle charging station,
• Bicycle parking for onsite businesses as well as residential tenants,
• Reuse of building materials, where possible,
• Striving to achieve the goal of zero-waste.
CGC is committed to maintaining the upstairs living suites, as affordable (non-subsidized) downtown living. No existing tenants were displaced due to the renovations.
From a financial perspective, CGC anticipates that the building will generate enough revenue to be financially sustainable, with a small percentage of the annual income available to support CGC’s operations.