Thank you Donors
Each year, the staff and board of the Cowichan Green Community (CGC) host a breakfast for current and prospective donors. Serving a locally inspired breakfast, this event is CGC’s opportunity to say Thank You to those who support the work that we are so happy to do and to inform our supporters how their contributions directly impact the community.
This year’s Donor Breakfast, which was hosted on Tuesday, February 17th at the Duncan Christian Reformed Church, raised $27,000.00 in pledges and donations. Our most successful event so far, funds raised will go towards supporting CGC’s ongoing programs in 2015 including FruitSave and the KinPark Community Gardens, our annual events such as the Duncan Seedy Sunday and the Edible Farm and Garden Tour.
The staff and board of the Cowichan Green Community (CGC) would like to humbly thank everyone involved in making our 2015 Donor Breakfast such as success.
We’d like to thank:
- Our donors, both ongoing and new, for supporting our work and our community.
- Janet Martinez of Excellent Frameworks for donating a beautiful wall hanging for the events’ door prize.
- The Cowichan Valley Heritage Quilters Guild for donating a lovely quilt for the events’ door prize.
- Cowichan Bay Seafood for the amazingly generous donation of smoked salmon.
- Hope Farm, Island Shire Farm, Notta Farm and Spring Hill Farm for the donation of eggs.
- Sweet Maggie’s Farm & Mobetta Herbs for the donation of squash, onions, and garlic.
- Tree Island Yogurt for the donation of yogurt.
- Thrifty Foods for donating a $50.00 smile card.
- TeaFarm for the donation of tea.
- Wilberry Orchard for donating hazelnuts.
- We’d like to thank the guest presenters, Graham Cannon, Max Carter, and Christine Pollard who wowed the crowd with their humour and supportive words.
- A debt of gratitude goes out to our table captains who championed this event: Penny Lehan, Paul Slade, Kelly Slade, David Slade, Alison Garnett, Jesse Whittington, Laura Finch, Kent Goodwin, and Bob Isbister. Thank you!
From the Board and Staff of CGC